-----

"Melonite / SBN process for highest wear resistance?"

Gentlemen,
I have read and learned from this blog over the past year, a real fan!
I am looking for your recommendation on what is the best and most wear resistant surface treatment process and any specific process recommendations regarding Melonite or Salt Bath Nitride. I am trying to overcome a problem with adhesive wear on H-13 that seems to vary depending on the company that does the treatment. I am looking for a process recommendation that will provide not only a hard wear surface, but a deep, pressure resistant and stable case in the substrate below that will yield excellent resistance to galling. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ken Thomas
Engineer - Chicago, Illinois, USA
^