-----

"Using a former fuel oil tank as a DM water tank"

Dear sir,

I have to use a Fuel oil tank as DM tank. I need to know how can we make it work?
we have cleaned it First with turpentine, then with caustic soda, with normal water. When we see it it feels that it can be used as DM tank,But still I want to know what parameters we should check for, so that it can be used as DM storage tank.
2. If it needs to be cleaned then which procedure should we follow?

(Note:The tank was used to store petroleum products)

Krushna Krupa
employee - Hapur, Uttar Preadesh, India
^

Oil tanks are usually made of mild steel and are not suitable for demineralized water because the water will aggressively dissolve the iron.

DM water is usually stored in non-metallic or in stainless steel vessels.

Lyle Kirman
consultant - Cleveland Heights, Ohio
^