-----

"Is Chroming of Rubber Possible?"

Hi, I'm a diving instructor and was wondering if it is possible to chrome my favorite pair of fins which is made of 100% rubber and maybe my diving mask. How would it react to seawater?

I know it is a wild idea but it might be a trend setting item in our industry in the near future.

Aaron Chng
Diving Instructor - Singapore
^

Hi, Aaron. Chrome plating has no flexibility and will quickly flake off. If you can successfully paint them (which I doubt) with a paint made for plastic, you could then go on to see if a chrome toned spray paint would stick.

^