-----

"Want our brass finish to be green-yellow"

Q. I am looking for the procedure to get GREENISH look in brass plating finish. We need to do cyanide base electroplating on MS sheet. Once we electroplate our item with brass ,Generally we get yellowish finish. Please be advice if it is possible to have GREEN-YELLOW finish instead of YELLOW-GREEN FINISH of brass during electroplating or is there any other procedure.

Puneet Kapoor
PLATING - INDIA
^

"The Colouring, Bronzing and Patination of Metals"
by Hughes & Rowe

Affiliate Link
(finishing.com may earn commission)

A. Buy a good book on patinas. Trying to include other ions into the plating solution will make it very difficult to control.

^

June 29, 2013 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. I need greenish yellow finish by brass plating on zinc die cast surface.
Please guide me to get above finish.

Uthaman Kv
trader - Tamilnadu, Chennai, India
^

A. Hi Utaman.
I use proprietary brass salts in my brass plating process. The TDS also recommends addition of ammonia at a rate of 1 to 3 ml/ L. I've found that the lower range of ammonia addition gives the brass a somewhat greenish-yellow look and the higher range gives the brass a golden - yellow appearance. good luck.

SK Cheah
- Penang, Malaysia
^