-----

How would I deburr a Dremel-opened mini-keg?

I'm looking to cut open the top of a 5L Heineken Minikeg with a Dremel. I'm doing this so that I can plant my freshly germinated Thai Chili into it :) I realize that deburring wouldn't really be all that necessary for an application like this, but I figure if I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right.

While on this subject; any better ideas on how to remove the top of the mini-keg, while still retaining the ability for the green plastic ring to clip on? I tried using a can opener on a Cola can since the tops are near identical. The results were much better than I had anticipated, however there's all sorts of scratches and gouges from where the can opener crawled around. Furthermore, the Mini-keg, if memory serves me correctly, has a much deeper ridge, that the cutting blade of the can opener wouldn't be able to reach.

Let me know what you guys think!
Martin

Martin Ziemba
artist? - OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada

Dremel [affil link] makes a host of grinding stones and some polishing wheels. They tend to be small by industrial standards.