-----

"Reflector coatings for IR lamp"

Hello
I am interested in a reflective coat for reflector to IR lamp.
The reflector is made from aluminium and it temperature during operation is about 110 degree.
I use this configuration of ir lamp and reflector to evaporate a kind of oil during printing process.
I already checked gold and electroless nickel and I want to examine more coats.
from comparison of mirror polish gold coat and electrochemical polish aluminium coat
the differences in the reflected radiation weren't so big that it's worth the price of the gold coat.
I will be happy to get information on other coats

Amir Shmerling
- Israel
^

Hi, Amir. I have seen a lot of aluminum reflectors bright dipped or electropolished, anodized, and dyed to a gold color. I don't have the reflectivity data, but it must be adequate for some purposes considering how much of it is done.

^

Hi Amir,
Take a look at letter 51731. Additionally, I would add that there is little improvement in the total reflectivity at IR from aluminium with chemical/electropolished finish compared to a clean mill finish.
Harry

harry_parkes
Harry Parkes
- Birmingham, UK
^