-----

Recasting zinc anodes from zinc rounds

Our company has been thinking of recasting some of our zinc rounds into sheet zinc for a smaller rack plating bath.(we do not have suitable baskets to fit the tank) I am not so certain that that this is a good idea. Will the 99.99% pure anodes stay pure after heating and recasting them?

Milan Anderson
plating shop employee - Norway

The only way I can see it is if the anodes have too much of chloride gas inside in the zinc material, but if you clean them and heat them up then and melt again they will work as new anodes.

Anders Sundman
Anders Sundman
4th Generation Surface Engineering
Consultant - Arvika,
Sweden

I used to make rods for internal anodes with cadmium from balls with no problems. Both have dangerous fumes, so be careful and use PPE.

Thank you for your answers. We have decided to make up a small test bath and try the recast anodes in it before using them in the rack bath. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

Milan Andersson
- Norway

Hi again.
I gave you a crazy answer maybe because " That is holliday Påske ferie " only danisch and norwigen people can understand it" . Of course you can use them again.

Anders Sundman
Anders Sundman
4th Generation Surface Engineering
Consultant - Arvika,
Sweden