-----

Can you plate zinc on a roll of stainless steel?

I work for a company that is looking to plate zinc onto a thin sheet of rolled up stainless steel. I would need to be able to keep the stainless in roll form after coating it. I am interested in if it is even possible to do so? I know with electroplating you have to submerge the metal in a bath and run the charge through it with the metal ions in the bath(etc.) but I would need to be able to keep the stainless in its long rolled up form.

Brenden Maslyn
Co-op engineer for a printing company(R&D) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA

Hi, Brendan. If I am understanding you, no, it won't work. You would have to unroll it.