-----

"Using Krylon Clear Fusion on golf balls"

Hello, my name is Craig. I currently trying to find a way to keep newly dyed golf ball stripes from wearing off or chipping off easily at the driving range. Regular dye untreated will come off during washing or everyday use at the driving range rather quickly. I also soak the new golf balls in Bleach for a week prior to painting to try to "prep" the surface for painting & remove some of the original clear coat prior to applying the dye stripe.

I have tried Dupli-color clear and Krylon Fusion clear. The Krylon seems to work better after drying, but I am afraid that the clear coat is pulling the dye up off the plastic after spraying. I usually wait a week or two in-between the dye process and spraying the clear coat on. as soon as the dye stripe is applied, I use heat from a small heater to try to bake the dye into the surface of the golf ball.

Sometimes I can chip off the dye easier using my fingernail with the clear coated balls than the un-coated ones.
I am therefore afraid that the Krylon is bringing the dye up or out of the plastic a little.

Is there a way to keep these Golf Ball stripes from wearing off as easily?

Craig Winters

Craig Winters
Hobbyist - Washington, Pennsylvania, USA
^