Maintaining high finish on copper sprinklers

I have been making copper obital lawn sprinklers for 11 years and have struggled with maintaining a high gloss for all of these years. I use to hand polish with steel wool, and then apply Mothers polish, then clean with denatured alcohol and apply a Everbrite coating, but still experienced spotting and staining while trying to sell my product at craft shows. I've just started to machine buff the sprinklers and am able to attain a high gloss but the Everbrite seems to dull down. QUESTION: WHAT SHOULD I USE TO MAINTAIN THIS HIGH GLOSS?

Jim Cook
Crafter - Fremont, Michigan

Hi, Jim. A standard brightener / tarnish preventer for copper is sodium benzotriazole. Try this before the Everbrite or in lieu of it and see what you get. You may also try the benzotriazole before a standard brass lacquer. Good luck.