Successfully Plating Cobalt on Beryllium

I have been trying to plate cobalt onto pure Beryllium to only varying degrees of success. I will ultimately be using the Beryllium for x-ray tube window. Very tiny window. I need about a 2 micron layer only.
I have found patents with formulas for cleaning, etching and for the electrolyte itself, made of Hydrous Cobalt, Ammonium sulfate and water. I use stainless steel anodes. Since I am working with such small pieces I put roughly 3 volts that equals roughly 1.0 amp depending on the distance (though I have constructed a small jig that keeps that pretty uniform for each test).
Here's the problem, the cobalt can be peeled off and I need to put the window under vacuum and heated conditions, so we want good adherence. I have tried many acids for etching to no avail and acetone seems to be the best cleaning technique (used ultrasonic cleaning one time in the acetone as well).
Have you any luck successfully etching Beryllium to adhere to the Cobalt?

Nicki Schoolmaster Ouali
R&D Physics Technician - Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA