-----

"Do the amount of diamonds in your setting affect the rhodium plating?"

I have a 14K yellow gold engagement ring and wedding band - both have diamonds inlaid in them. I would like to have them rhodium plated (for the "look" of white gold) but was told by my jeweler that the diamonds will chemically repel the rhodium during the plating and there will always be areas of yellow gold near the diamonds. Is this true? Is there a level of plating that will negate this? Thank you!

Nora Jacobsen
owner - Seattle, Washington, USA
^

Hi, Nora. Don't rhodium plate yellow gold ... you will not be happy with it.

^