-----

"Second-hand metal poisoning from my roommate's job?"

I have a roommate that works in a metal fabricating shop. It seems to be that I am getting a lot of symptoms related to metal fume fever; he does work at home as a hobby on old televisions and radios, plus metal art works 'welding and such. Could this be effecting my health, and could there be metals dust on my bedding, linens, furniture, since he doesn't always come home from work, and showers or changes his clothing etc. by the way we have one bathroom?

Theresa Kujava
roommate - Amboy, Washington
^

Hi, Theresa. Nothing is impossible, but when you don't feel well it's a thousand times more appropriate for you to visit a doctor than to study your roommate's occupational environment. What do you do for a living that would lead you to think that second-hand exposure to your roommate's job would have a bigger effect on your health than first-hand exposure to your own?

That being said, many jobs do suggest showering and changing clothes before going home, and obviously he should not be welding in the house.

^