Copper Solution was contaminated

Somebody know how I can to clean a copper solution contaminated with KOLLICOAT* MAE 30 DP (backtikem 21) and corrokem 607?

Marcos García
hard worker. - Toluca, Mexico

Hi, Marcos. What kind of copper solution? Is this the copper solution for an electroplating process?

Hi, My name is Marcos García, and this is my first time that I work with this kind of solution. I work for a company where we electroplate cylinders for engraving, but now I have problems with the copper solution, it was contaminated with cold water system, the water contains Dialdehido glutarico and corrokem 607, how can I remove these substances from copper solution?
I tried to clean with activated carbon 3 times, each time 2 kg, two hours, for 1700 lts.
what advice you recommend?, what can I do?

Thank a lot for your help

Marcos Garcia
plating employee - Toluca, Mexico

Hola Marcos,

Surely I can tell you that you have to make a complete new make up of the copper solution. The cooling water does not only include the mentioned cooling water additives against algaes, also it includes a lot of anions and cations which will disturb your copper deposits to assure a good microcrystalline structure which is required for good engraving results.

Saludos desde Australia,
Dominik

Dominik Michalek
- Sydney