-----

"How can I learn to do Paint Production?"

Can anyone be of help to me by telling me how I can learn paint production? I want to fully go in to it on retirement.

Tayo Adigun
civil servant - Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria
^

Tayo,

You need to give us a lot more detail about what you plan to do.

Are you looking at conventional paints (solvent or water based) or powder coats? Are you looking at commercial, automotive or aerospace standards of work? Do you have customers lined up? Do they have specifications called up on their paints?

Do you have a facility or are you setting up from new? Do you have the relevant equipment for paint application? Do you have the relevant curing/drying ovens, calibrated to a recognised standard?

I could go on, but if you are serious I would suggest contacting a local consultant, he/she can give you advice about setting up, plus be able to tell you about local rules for licenses, health, safety and environmental controls, etc.

Brian Terry
Aerospace - Yeovil, Somerset, UK
^