-----

"Painting a countertop to look like granite"

I am an elderly woman living in a mobile home, on a very fixed income. I hate my bathroom vanity top. I want to paint it to look like granite. I am trying to figure out how to get the sparkle and the small patches of green iridescent color into the black paint. I would like the finished product to be black with black sparkle and green iridescent particles in it. Anyone know the secret?

Dee Alvarado
retired sales rep - Garden Grove, California, USA
^

Hi, Dee. You can buy a thin sheet of "Formica" laminate to glue on, which will cost very little and look much more like granite than anything you can paint. And the laminate will last for years.

^