-----

What happens to raw aluminum sheets when they rub against one another

I work for a company that fabricates aluminum material. This company has been around for decades and it astonishes me that they have no clue about how to handle raw aluminum. First, we spent a million dollars on a racking system outside of our shop to store raw aluminum; this has caused white rust to accumulate on the surface which translates to massive amount of sanding before we pretreat the material. If we couldn't get any more dumb, we asked our supplier not to interweave the foam between the material. This resulted in raw aluminum rubbing against each other which created scratches all the way down the extrusion. My question is this, before I go to management and say what the F#%$, and demand they call the supplier back to change the packaging, can anyone answer what is the best way to get pristine material from a supplier?

Lawrence Soto
QA - California

I don't want to get to technical here but when the truck pulls up with the material do a quick inspection and if its damaged simply refuse it and email or FAX the supplier and tell them to send you undamaged material. If they can't supply undamaged product find a new supplier. This seams to work in every other industry. If its busted don't buy it!

rod henrickson
Rod Henrickson
gunsmith - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada