Zinc Plating process : Guide me from cleaning through drying

adv.   robert probert banner 

sir,
This is ALI from INDIA. I am starting a ZINC Barrel Plating UNIT in INDIA. Specially I will be concentrating on Zinc plating for Fasteners. Kind you guide me from cleaning process to plating and later drying process. Your kind help will help me a lot.

ALI

ALIASGAR QUILON
Plating Shop - Chennai, INDIA

"Electroplating Engineering Handbook"
by Larry Durney
info on Amazon

ASM vol5
ASM Metals Handbook vol. 5

Surface Engineering

partha book
Practical Electroplating Handbook

N.V. Parthasaradhy

Hi, Ali. If you ask specific questions I will do my best to try to answer them, and I think other readers will too. But there are people whose only work is troubleshooting zinc plating processes. They can transmit a lot of their knowledge to you in a 400-page book that they've spent years writing, but the idea that they can can convey a lifetime of experience in this specialization to you -- everything you need to know start to finish, cleaning through drying, via an internet posting isn't realistic.

Please join the Indian Association of Metal Finishing, get a few plating books to get started, and ask some of the local process vendors if they can come in and see you. But if this project is happening soon, please consider quickly retaining a plating consultant as I think you will regret it if you don't. Best of luck!

January 27, 2010 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

I want to install a zinc plant please guide us. We are manufacturing sheet metal boxes (electrical module boxes). please let us know Jagdeep Singh Sahni
Manager - Jalandhar Punjab India

February 18, 2010 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

I want to know for fully Zinc Plating process on tools; also full description step-wise for surface preparation.

Bharat Joshi
Zn plating - Vadodara, India

Hi, Jagdeep; hi, Bharat. We appended your inquiry to a somewhat similar one because the same reply will apply. You can contact a local plating process supplier to sit down with you and give you an overall feel for what is involved, but some very knowledgeable person has to put in several days of effort to get this project off the ground in the right direction, and that's a pretty big freebie to ask from your supplier. Electroplating installations are not "catalog" equipment, but custom designed solutions to individual situations, and I think retaining a plating consultant would be a better idea. Good luck!