-----

"QUESTION RELATING TO DIN 50961"

I've been unsuccessful in obtaining an English language version of this spec. I tried Global and they have it back ordered with an unknown availability and Techstreet has it in German only. What I'm trying to determine is the difference between type A and B (clear-colorless and clear-blue). C refers to yellow. I'm trying to address a customer requirement which seems contrary to what little I've been able to read relating to the spec., and acceptable appearances. They are calling out DIN 50961 Fe/Zn 5B, but with no tolerance for any visible colors other than clear-blue, no yellow hue. What I've read so far specifically mentions a yellow to gold hue in the B version of trivalent passivates. I would appreciate any input relating to getting my hands on the spec. or to my situation in general.

Shannon Kelty
plating shop - Cedar Rapids, IA USA
^

You can download an english copy from beuth.de, the German publishing company that prints DIN specs. It'll cost you 49.10 euros. It looks like they take credit cards online now!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist - E. Aurora, New York
^