-----

"Zamak 5 Plating process questions"

Hola,

Hi, I'm George and I am starting a new business of cast Zamak 5 pieces in my country. I intend to work with a relatively low level of production (5 000 and 10 000 pieces per month) but I intend to fully assemble a small plant complete including the process of surface treatment and coating in electroplating. To which end, I would like to know what kind of aesthetic coating can I use? (for parts to be used in leather goods: buckles, fittings, accessories, etc.).
But mostly what I need to know is how to make this process of electroplating? what machines and equipment I need? what chemical substances? chemical concentrations and treatment times and temperatures? and everything related to help me get a piece fully completed.

I hope you can help me and guide me, because in my country (Bolivia) there is not much information.

Jorge Medina Lazarte
Project Engineer - Cochabamba City, Bolivia
^