-----

"Cadmium is being used in Asian charm bracelets"

Hello I have been making charm bracelets with products including charms bracelets and beads from sellers in China and elsewhere via ebay! I was concerned about the lead content and made some inquiries which I believe dismissed my worries as most of the sellers listed the content of the products and there was no lead listed. Now I am wondering about this cadmium issue and I do not see it listed in the product content of the items I am interested in. I find all the news to have conflicting stories about this cadmium product can you please enlighten me as to whether or not this could be a problem with the beads charms, crystals and bracelets, and I am not aware of it! Many thanks Carol

Carol Spurr
hobbyist - Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada
^

Hi, Carol. Yes, it is a MAJOR problem that I only heard about a couple of days ago. Children's bracelets from China containing as much as 90 percent pure cadmium have been seen. It defies belief but it is 100 percent true.

^