-----

"Iron Phosphate performance test"

Dear Friends,

Wish to know beside the boil, salt spray and MEK, are they any test immediately targeted on the "treated" surface for iron phosphate ONLY? I know that usually it tested with powder coating. I go through all the above tests and the result is ok. But I need to know the concentrated type of test on the pre-treatment itself. Appreciate your help.

thanks

Choong-M'sia.

Hoong Teen Choong
manufacturing - Selangor, Malaysia
^

Coating weight, it's a performance test only in that you need to maintain a good coating weight for the topcoat to adhere properly. I don't think there is any way to test the phosphated surface for integrity prior to coating .

Sheldon Taylor
Sheldon Taylor

supply chain electronics
Wake Forest, North Carolina

^

Thanks Sheldon.

Yes.Ii should have thought about that! Meanwhile, after the Ion-phosphate rinsing, I found some yellowish surface on that. and this only happen after 1 week for the Ion phosphate tank have been cleared. I suspected is the water rinsing which is going wrong. mostly is the dirt which carry some rust in the water which bring up to the spray object again! somehow the TDS in the water is ok. (around 300 p.p.m)

Thanks for sharing anyway.

thanks

Choong

Choong Hoong Teen
- Selangor, Malaysia
^