-----

A "yellow pewter" metal for low temp casting

Greetings,

I understand that this is a finishing site but the discussion on how to make bronze got me going here.

I have been trying to locate a source (or recipe) for a metal that resembles brass/bronze in color and has a melting point closer to pewter (under 1,000 deg F)

I cannot believe how hard this is to find. I have spoken with four major alloy providers who said "we get requests for this all the time". I wonder why this is not viewed as "a market opportunity"

thank you for your Help,
Steve

Steve Heeter
Armorsmith and hobby caster - Cupertino, California, USA

Try to buy so called cold bronze casting kit-any better artist shop must have it(in fact that is bronze powder mixed with epoxy resin).Or cast your object in tin or pewter and then you can plate brass or bronze on it.Hope it helps and good luck!

- Zagreb,Croatia