-----

"Anyone know where to buy "Kold Black"?"

As a Gunsmith, I used a product called "Kold Black" which I ordered from a Canadian Company "High Tech Lubricants" if I remember correctly.
It came in a 1 litre container from which I mixed a solution by mixing in water.
I used it to Blacken Firearms and Tools which I prepared by Bead Blasting and the wiping down with Acetone. I then submerged the Firearm in the solution for a few minutes. After removal I washed it in clear water, sprayed it with WD-40 [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] and later Oiled the piece.

It gave a very nice durable black finish. I have firearms and Tools which are equal or better than those I Hot Blued after years of use.

Now I want to use it again but the Company, High Tech seems to be gone. They no longer have the Telephone Number and I cannot find them or the product "Kold Black".

Does anyone know where to find "Kold Black'?

Edmond Hudgins
Gunsmith & Machinist - Mena, Arkansas
^

----
Ed. note: Sorry, we don't know about Kold Black, but some supporting advertisers who offer cold blackening processes are listed in the banner.