-----

"Temperature limitations of black anodised aluminium 6082-T6"

What is the typical maximum temperature that black anodised AL6082-T6 can withstand? By this I am referring more to the dye ie. at what temperature will discolouration occur? I took a black anodised part to 250 °C for 1 hour and it lost all colour! I thus need to know what my limits are.

Louis Kaltenrieder
Designer - South Africa
^

There are a great number of formulations for dye and they will differ considerably (from best to worst. Your temp is probably a bit high for any of them, but check with several dye OEM's to find the best of the lot, even if it is not adequate. Organic based dyes will fare the worst and metal based dyes will fare better.

^