Electofilm 66c Finish / Parker Luberite # 2

(2000)

I am an After Market Salesperson for Voith Paper-Finishing Division. On a few parts requested by a customer our prints state that the items need: To be blasted with Aluminum Oxide Grit #124 (or equivalent) to receive Electrofilm 66C Finish. There has also been a modification to the print that states:

Parker Lubrite #2 Changed to blasting.

These parts are made of C.F. Steel. The application of these parts requires a constant contact with other metal items in the assembly of a paper machine winder. These parts are constantly moving and rubbing on the assembly. My division has moved and we can not locate the specs on this finish. My questions are:

1. What are the specs for this finish (enough to have these pieces manufactured)?

2. Is the Parker Lubrite #2 a spec for the blasting or the plating (chroming or whatever the finish is)?

My experience in metal finishing is non-existent. So please explain matters as you would to the common layperson or such that I can hand it off to a machine/chroming shop and have the job done properly.

I have tried all the local job shops and all of them came up empty-handed. I really hope these are recognized standards and not an internal Voith Paper Standard.

Thank you in advance for your reply. Rodney Johnson

Rodney Johnson
-

(2000)

Hi
Parco Lubrite No.2 is a manganese phosphating process that chemically grows a finely crystalline manganese-iron phosphate coating on iron and steel. It is particularly recommended for wear resistance, in combination with oil or grease. Henkel is the current owner for this process, but there should be many outworkers about who can offer the service.

Roger Bridger
Walterisation (UK) Ltd - Croydon, UK