Antique Brown Patina?

(2000)

Q. I am looking for a patina formula to repair patina on an antique matchbox cover (not sure if it is bronze or copper). It is a beautiful warm brown. (Please don't tell me to buy the book! I would if I could afford it!) Any ideas? Thanks.

Andrea Mordoh
- Santa Monica, California, USA

The Colouring, Bronzing and Patination of Metals

(2000)

A. Uhh... go to the library and BORROW the book? :-)

(2001)

A. I too have a piece of old metal that has gone from the Color Case Hardening finish to a rich brown Patina, I am looking for a book, article or some other reference material that discusses how to restore, and the basic metallurgy behind this process.. thanks,

Jacob Hargrave
- Gurnee, Illinois USA