Finish Plated Machine Screws Needed

(2000)

Q. I am looking for a supplier of small quantities of small machine screws plated in chrome, nickel, gold, and black for use in custom electric guitars so that I may use threaded inserts rather than wood screws. I need 2-56, 4-40, 6-32 and maybe 8-32 in short lengths in a couple or three different head styles. I have been having a hard time finding these types of fasteners yet I am sure they are out there. If anyone can help, . Thank you very much,

Gina Reynolds
GCR Guitars - Phoenix, Arizona USA

A. Hello Gina. The easiest thing to do is to ignore the finish and just concentrate on finding the screws of the size and with the heads you want, and then have a plating shop change the finish to gold plating.

But an anonymous responder has also told us that you can get screws like this, in gold, from knife dealers such as Koval Knives, New Albany OH as replacement parts for the handles of folding knives.