Wrinkle Finish Paint Needed

Black Wrinkle Paint

Black Wrinkle Paint

(2000)

I need to repaint the dashboard of a 1959 Ferrari. The paint should be a black wrinkle finish, but I am having trouble locating any product that will produce the desired finish. I am looking for paint to be used with a professional spray gun, not a 12 oz. spray can. Anyone know of a source? Thanks

William Strickland
- Essex, Massachusetts

(2000)

William, Sherwin-Williams has a product called Polane T (T=texture) it's a polyurethane enamel. I use this product on a regular basis to achieve different textures. You might have to experiment, but generally the rule is- more fluid and less air = more texture. Good Luck

Lamar Jackson
- FWB, Florida

(2000)

I have access to wrinkle paint, but it's powder paint, can you handle this? If you still require the finish I can send you some, can you help with packaging? I would like to help, let me know!

Steve Gill
- Lichfield,Staffs, England

----
Ed. note: For the adventurous, please see letter 409 for a discussion of how wrinkle paint works and perhaps how you can make it.