Black Oxidation Technical Inquiry(2000)
1. I'm interested to know about black oxidation properties, chemical & physical.
2. How is black oxidation prepared/processed.
3. Is black oxidation compatible w/ Palladium plating? bare Cu?
4. Is it reactive/resistant to etching chemicals?
5. Does it react in contact w/ NO CLEAN flux.
6. What is the maximum temperature that it can withstand?
7. How is it applied?
Reason for the inquiry: I belong to the R&D group of Fairchild and we are developing parts that will/may need this process for improved product performance. I'd be happy if you can post a reply to this letter.
semiconductors - Cebu, Philippines
It would help if you would tell us what type of black oxide you need, i.e., what substrate and application do you have in mind.
- Tallahassee, Florida
I plan to apply the black oxide on a Ni/Pd plated leadframe. This will be for power application. Honestly, I don't have any idea on the different types of black oxide but what I'm looking for is something that would meet my initial requirements. This will be for high temp applications. I plan to use this as a solder dam.Elsie Cabahug
semiconductors - Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Phil
I AM INTERESTED TO KNOW THE BK OXIDATION METHOD ALSO. WE ARE A TRADING CO LOCATED IN NY. WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF EQUIPMENTS AND TECH TO PLATING BLACK OXIDATION ON CASTING/FORGING PARTS.MATERIAL ARE GREY CAST IRON, DUCTILE IRON, CARBON STEEL ...
THANKS A LOT,MIKE MA
- NEW YORK, New York
This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site