Black Oxidation Technical Inquiry

(2000)

1. I'm interested to know about black oxidation properties, chemical & physical.
2. How is black oxidation prepared/processed.
3. Is black oxidation compatible w/ Palladium plating? bare Cu?
4. Is it reactive/resistant to etching chemicals?
5. Does it react in contact w/ NO CLEAN flux.
6. What is the maximum temperature that it can withstand?
7. How is it applied?
Reason for the inquiry: I belong to the R&D group of Fairchild and we are developing parts that will/may need this process for improved product performance. I'd be happy if you can post a reply to this letter.

Elsie Cabahug
semiconductors - Cebu, Philippines

(2000)

It would help if you would tell us what type of black oxide you need, i.e., what substrate and application do you have in mind.

James Totter
James Totter, CEF
- Tallahassee, Florida

(2000)

I plan to apply the black oxide on a Ni/Pd plated leadframe. This will be for power application. Honestly, I don't have any idea on the different types of black oxide but what I'm looking for is something that would meet my initial requirements. This will be for high temp applications. I plan to use this as a solder dam.

Elsie Cabahug
semiconductors - Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Phil

(2002)

MR. TOTTER,

I AM INTERESTED TO KNOW THE BK OXIDATION METHOD ALSO. WE ARE A TRADING CO LOCATED IN NY. WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF EQUIPMENTS AND TECH TO PLATING BLACK OXIDATION ON CASTING/FORGING PARTS.MATERIAL ARE GREY CAST IRON, DUCTILE IRON, CARBON STEEL ...

THANKS A LOT,

MIKE MA
- NEW YORK, New York