Anodise a bucket with nickel-plated brass attachment

(2000)

I am new to the finishing field and I would be grateful for any help. I have been asked to anodise a large bucket shaped item that has a nickel-plated brass block attached. This cannot be removed. If I try to anodise this, will the brass block burn? Any suggestions gratefully received. Thank you

Nick Winstone-Cooper
- Cardiff, Wales, UK

(2000)

The nickel will be gone in a minute and the brass will etch and pit. I would use a liquid mask that will stand up to the cleaning and anodize process. definitely try it on scrap a couple of times before you do the bucket. Take the job as a no guarantee or have her go to a shop that is experienced and will offer a guarantee not to destroy the block.