Cleaning Superplastically Formed Aluminium

(2000)

I have a number of solar panel collector plates made in superplastically formed aluminium which show signs of surface corrosion - I now need to clean them up and protect them with suitable coating.

Anyone have any suggestions as to whatI can use to clean them up with - dipping is not possible (I do not have a tank big enough) so preferably a swabbing type treatment would be preferable?

Richard Dibling
- Royston, Herts, UK

(2000)

I had to clean some aluminum panels that had corrosion and discoloration some years ago. I obtained a chemical wash from an aviation supply company that is used to clear the exterior of aircraft. It worked quite well.

David Williams
- Beaverton, Oregon