PLASTIC .. Car Parts Need Electroplate or Chrome(?)

(2000)

I am ALSO in need of Electroplating of PLASTIC. Chrome would be perfect.. but is it POSSIBLE TO CHROME PLASTIC? I am restoring a 1966 Ford F-100 Truck and a 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon Futura (several parts on each). I am in the LOS ANGELES AREA.. but VERY WILLING to drive a reasonable distance for QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP! I have pictures and will be more than happy to submit the "Before & After Photos" & "Heaps of PRAISE"... if I'm able to get results. Come on GUYS! HELP.. "THIS GIRL"... show "My Guy".... I can find a place to get it done.. and have it done right! Thanks! (*~*)

Libby Quackenbush
- Chatsworth, California

(2000)

Hi, You should first spray with a conducting paint and then the normal plating could be done. Ramesh.

Ramesh.Gargesh
- Canada

(2000)

Libby: Find a copy of "Hemmings Motor News" [link is to product info at Amazon]. Hemmings is a catalog sized monthly publication and if you are into old cars you will enjoy the rest of the magazine as well. Good luck!

Bill Miller
- Shinnston, West Virginia