A Better coating for Aluminum Molds

(2000)

We mold foam and urethane products and I am seeking a better coating. Right now we use QC-250 Mangren coating. It doesn't last very long.I need to find a better coating that will last longer.

Any suggestions need to be able to be applied in house. We have an enclosed spray booth for applying coating and an oven for curing,also are molds are aluminum There was a letter here that talked about a polymer based Teflon coating that He only got 1000 shots out of that would be great, but I can't find that letter.

James E Clarke jr
- South Whindam Connecticut

Ed. note: The letter you are referring to is #2519

(2004)

We also use the QC250 mangren coating , but it is very difficult to get a steady coating quality, and the best life is about 500. now , I supposed the oven process, can you share your oven program: preheat and postheat program.

Jerry Zhu
material - Suzhou,China,

(2005)

I make a polyurethane (poly / iso mixture) foam product. I have tried coating a mold with a PTFE coating. This coating had to be baked on. The coating released the foam for 85 impressions with no release agent used. Then, it started sticking a little and then, even with release agent, the foam still stuck. I could provide the name of the company I worked with (NW Indiana) if you are interested.

Greg Fischer
- Valparaiso, in, United States