Protective Coatings on Brass Plated Articles

(2000)

I have been told by our plating chemical suppliers that the thermal stability of our brass plated articles is between 130 to 150 °C. In this temperature range, we cannot use certain clear lacquers that need higher baking temperatures. We are not in a position right now to use polyurethane lacquers which are used at lower than 130 °C baking temperatures.

Can anyone suggest lacquers that can be baked at lower temperatures without reducing the lasting qualities. The plated and lacquered articles must pass a salt spray test of 100 hours.

Aloke Mookerjee
- New Delhi, India

(2000)

Aloke Mookerjee

My company has done some work on brass door hinges using using waterbase acrylic clear coats. Can be force dried at 140 °F for 10-20 minutes. If you need further information please contact me. Good luck. Gordon Vidt

Gordon L. Vidt
Industrial Coatings Enterprises - Heath,ohio

(2000)

Gordon, could you please send me the source of the water-based acrylic. I would appreciate it.

Mandar Sunthankar
- Fort Collins, Colorado

(2000)

Gordon Vidt Thank you for your response. I shall like to know more of your product.

Aloke Mookerjee
- New Delhi, India