Immersion Copper Plating on Steel

(2000)

I'm an Engineering Faculty student of the University of Rome "La Sapienza". I'm studying the possibility to make immersion copper coating on steel. I would like to know some information or solutions composition. I'm using a H2O solution 10g/l H2SO4, 10 g/l CuSO4.5H2O, at room temperature for 60-120 s, but the coatings are poor adherent. I look forward to your kind answer

kind regards

Michele Cecchini
- Roma (Italy)

First you should heat wires to 60 centigrade - acid pickling - rinse - copper sulfate 90 grams /l and H2SO4 35 g/l and EDTA 5 g/l - rinse - benzotriazole solution - dry.
good luck.

Reza Moumivand
- Tehran, Iran