CQuality/texture problem in powder coating over zinc plating on steel sheets

(2000)

I have procured new powder coating equipment. I am facing lot of problems with respect to quality.I need to achieve this if I want to be in the business. we manufacture smaller enclosure for electronic industry. basically these are made of CR sheets and we are zinc plating the items before powder coating. This is required because inside surface should be conductive. I am facing the following problems. Un uniform texture on the surface. The texture is different at the ends compared to top and bottom surfaces. Some time I get pit holes. Our customer needs uniform texture on all the surfaces.

Ravi Jayannavar
- bangalore,karnataka,India

(2000)

The problems you describe can come from any number of causes. If you'll more fully describe the process, maybe you'll get something useful. Sounds like you really need an expert to come and train your people in getting the coating done correctly.

Jeff Watson
Jeff Watson
- Pearland, Texas

(2000)

Mr. Jayannavar,

If the pit holes are regular ones, then they may be because of silicon based (oil or others) material usage in the shop. And I think you must be careful about hanger design and painting guns position to overcome non-uniform painting. Sincerely

Ertan YAZICI
- Turkey