Titanium/Nitinol Passivation

(2000)

I work for a company that manufactures mechanical heart valves. I need to find out if anyone knows if you can passivate 6-4 titanium and nitinol in the same passivation tank without causing any pitting or contamination problems. Thank you.

Kellie Holder
- Austin, Texas

(2000)

Dear Sirs

I am Ehsan Haeri Ardakani, an extractive teacher in Sharif University of Technology in Tehran (Iran).

My recent investigation is making a Ni-Ti shape memory alloy ingot which is my first work regarding this alloy.

I appreciate if you were kind enough to give some more information concerning the effect of an aluminum contamination in mechanical & chemical properties of Nitinol (Esp. itís effect in human body).

Thank you very much for your kind consideration in this matter.

I would be glad to co-operate with each other in the near future.

With compliments

Ehsan Haeri Ardakani
- Tehran, Tehran, Iran