-----

Acidified thiourea silver polish stained stainless steel sink

Dear all,

I was recently polishing my silver jewelry and when I finished I put the polish in the sink. Well my sink is stainless steel and the polish leaked out of the lid and into the sink. The silver polish contains acidified thiourea. The result is a circle (looks likes a water mark) that has appeared on the surface of the sink. What has caused this, and what can I do to remove this circle? Did the thiourea damage the stainless steel? Thanks for any help.

Nick Collini
hobbyist - Cincinnati, Ohio