-----

Voltage for a copper plating science project?

I am in class 8 and some of us are doing a project on the effects of electric current.
We are employing a magnetic bell, a fan, a bulb, a lighting series and copper plating for the project. The problems comes where the circuit comes. I don't know the specific voltage for the plating and the current to use in the project. I am totally confused and the circuit is very confusing and our teacher is not very clear so I thought of taking help from the expert. I hope you can give the appropriate answer so that we won't have to drop our plan and we have got just 5 days for the project.
Thank You for your co-operation.

Pragya M
Student - Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India

Hi, Pragya. Use a 1/1/2 volt "D" cell flashlight battery. One and a half volts is enough per our "How Electroplating Works" FAQ, although you could probably use two such cells if you insist. As for the current, this is a great occasion to read and understand Faraday's Law of Electrolysis. Good luck.