-----

Coating to make Titanium non-conductive for handheld device in work environment

To whom it may concern,

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I am trying to find the best type of coating for titanium that will prevent most if not all conductivity. The application is for a hand held device that will be used in an industrial fabrication setting where there is a lot of welding and other processes that could cause arching/electrocution in the event of an accident. Not being a materials person myself, I am unsure as to what might adhere best, decrease conductivity best and so forth. I am considering a spray on coating, or even something that can be pulled over the piece of metal, however whatever it is must be very rugged, durable and tight fitting (i.e. rubber sleeve). I really appreciate any and all help.

Best Regards,
Mike

Michael Opuszynski
student/product designer - Narragansett, RI, USA

Check if anodizing will do .

Cair Shishani
Khair Shishani
aircraft maintenance - Al Ain, UAE

From your description of the risks involved, you absolutely have to refer to all applicable safety standards and get professional advice. An opinion from a chat forum is simply not enough.