We've been striving for 23 years to build the
world's best website -- it's worth your time smiley

How to remove acid from zinc in plating

Hi, we have a jewelry plating factory in Mexico and the items are coming out with bubbles and grayish color. How can I remove the acid from the zinc?

Aaron Litchi
factory owner - Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

January , 2009

Huh? Sorry, Aaron, I don't understand the question. Are you implying that the jewelry is a zinc die casting, and you believe that the porosity in the diecastings is holding acid and causing these problems?

I think that it is possible, but your question is vague. Please spend a few paragraphs describing your situation. Thanks.

DEAR SIR, I JUST TO HELP YOUR PROBLEM IN ACID ZINC PLATING AS FAMILIAR TO ME AND I SHOULD ENCOUNTERED THESE BEFORE. ANYWAY I'm A TECHNICIAN IN ANY KIND OF PLATING,THE BEST THING YOU TO DO IS JUST ONLY PUT 5g PER LITER ACTIVATED CARBON AND 5g PER LITTER ZINC DUST.THEN YOU FILTER IN AND OUT AND BE SURE THAT THE BATH WAS TOTALLY CLEAN.AFTER THAT YOU PUT BRIGHTER BASE ON THE SUPPLIER REQUIREMENT.

LUDIVECO G PEREZ
- SHARJAH, UAE