-----

240 grit polish to a 'Y' strainer body

I want to make internal surface of "y' strainer valve body with 240 grit internal polish without damaging valve seat. How to achieve this?

Mandar Dhongade
Engineer - Thane, Maharashtra, India

Not enough information to make a good recommendation. Is you part within an assembly or an individual part? Qty? Surface finish requirements?

tony kenton
AF Kenton
retired business owner - Hatboro, Pennsylvania

240-grit internal polish surface for ss316L investment casting of valve i.e. diaphragm valve.

Mandar Dhongade
- India

Hi, cousin Mandar. I think you're missing the interactive spirit of this public forum. Two and a half years go by and you send another 10-word telegram :-)

While you could mask the valve seat and then beadblast the rest of the internal cavity then remove the masking, it seems much more practical to do the rough finishing first rather than last. Good luck.

Hi Ted, in 2008 I asked for Y type strainer body and in 2011 I asked for Diaphragm Body. Both are different models of valves. I somehow managed to do internal polish for 2008 body and for 2011 I think better to import from CHINA.
Bye.

Mandar Dhongade
- Thane, Maharashtra, India