-----

Nervous employee seeks plating jobs

Hi there, I am John Pratt an employee at a nice little plating shop in KCMO we do zinc, electropolish, passivating, phosphate, and anodizing. As all of you are aware there has been a drastic slow-down in all industries including mine. Our mil-spec phosphate is still doing well but I would like to hear from someone with experience in locating more government contracts to help keep us all employed thru this down turn. This really isn't my job...I do maintenance and plant chemistry but as I say, things are getting tough out there and locating some nice steady government work would be great for job security! Any one have any Ideas of where to start looking?
any and all replies greatly appreciated!
thanks,
John

John Pratt
maintenance/plant chemistry - KCMO, Missouri

Hi, John. You could ask your suppliers for whatever ideas they have, as their success is tied to yours. You might also talk this up at your local AESF meetings as it is possible that another shop in your area has good contacts and does complementary processes but doesn't wish to do certain of the processes that you offer. Obviously, the amount of government work is finite, and whatever one shop gets another shop doesn't get, so I wouldn't expect a lot of help from your competitors. Any advice posted here must be kept strictly generic; the site is made possible by your competitors and we obviously can't spend their money steering the business your way :-)

Best of luck, and happy holidays.