-----

Help with removal of melted/burnt-on Teflon

Q. Accidentally placed a drip sheet that is made of Teflon and fiber glass on the bottom of our brand new Electrolux double oven. I just found out that the heating element was right above it but not visible to the eye, I also found out that the heating element gets hotter then the 550 that the drip sheet would with stand before melting. I need to know if you know of how I can remove this burnt on Teflon from the oven without ruining it. Thanks Melissa

Melissa Burgos
hobbyist - Brooklyn, NY

Q. I burned the teflon drip sheet when I cleaned my oven. If you get an answer PLEASE forward it to me.

Patricia Ives
- Dallas Texas USA

Q. I accidentally left a NEW non-stick carbon steel baking sheet resting on the electric stove burner (turned on) and it got scorched on both sides. There is a big round brownish color. Is there a way to clean that off?

Shirah Bell
- Seattle Washington USA

A. Hi Shirah. Sorry that this got damaged before you even used it, but I don't think there is any way to save it. The Teflon got too hot, burned, and is no longer Teflon.