Artist seeking to recreate natural rich dark brown brass patina

I am an artist attempting to recreate the patina of an unusual brass bolt which I found on a the floor in an industrial wasteland in london. I have had the bolt cast and now seek to recreate its dark brown finish, I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what chemicals and processes I might I use to achieve this.

James Balmforth
Artist - London, UK

Try internet archive webpages-there you can find download free old book on metal colouring by Arthur Hiorns. Hope it helps and good luck!