Anodizing and Alodining

dear sir one of my exam question was what is chemical protection for aluminium 1 anodizing 2 alodizing I think both is on a chemical reaction can you explain I is right many thanks Frank

Frank N.
student - Melbourne, Australia

We'd have to see the exact wording on the exam, Frank. Anodizing is an electrochemical process rather than a simple chemical conversion process, and that may be what they were trying to get at. There is a Henkel chromate conversion coating for aluminum with the trade name "Alodine". I would call the process of applying Alodine "Alodining", but some people apparently call it "Alodizing" (although Henkel probably dislikes that corruption).