-----

Deflashing chemicals for leadframes?

Dear Sir,

I have a problem, recently I try to have an immersion deflashing chemicals mixing both copper and nickel leadframe. But somehow after several trials, I notice stains of copper migrate onto the nickel frame I just need to verify using an x-ray if it an etching or migration of copper.

So in line with this I would like to know if there is other way to avoid this problem besides from making two separate bath?

And do you think xray can verify if it is a copper migration or etching?if the results of xray found a nickel on the affected portion then it is a copper migration if not it is etching?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Jun Apolinar
technical - Philippines