Tarnishing on copper plating

In 1.2 mm thick sheet I am doing the copper (Barrel) plating of 5 to 10 microns (I am doing cyanide copper plating as an undercoat and acid copper for top for better look after that I am using some top coat as an anti tarnishing solution (packing is 100% perfect with all safety precautions for tarnishing). Still I am facing tarnish. What is the best suggestion?

Kannan Boopathi
Development - India

There are various causes of tarnishing. Check copper bath for metallic impurities, use a hot DI final rinse (water quality is often the culprit) and make sure the anti-tarnish solution is up to par. Good Luck!

Process Engineer - Syracuse, New York

1.I have found in the web that TOLYTRIAZOLE & BENZOTRIAZOLE are chemicals that can be used for anti tarnishing are there any recommended chemical or manufactures ?

2.Tarnishing usually appears after 48 hrs is there any method to know poor anti tarnishing treatment within hours of few hours of plating?plating

Madhukar Nandakumar
- Bangalore, India