-----

How Do You Get the Look of Lead Coated Copper Without the Price?

I am an architect and am interested in using 18-24 GA. metal panels approx. 16"x40" ea. arranged in a tile pattern as an exterior wall finish. I like the flat dull look of Lead coated copper but won't be able to use it due to cost. I was considering using bonderized metal but am afraid it will develop the white spotting after time. I am interested in some type of finishing process or other product that would have the same look as bonderized metal or Lead coated copper.

Aaron Catchen
Architect - Pennsylvania

You might try a very light coat of either Liver of Sulphur [affil link], or a proprietary copper blackener based on selenium. Birchwood Casey, among others, offers the latter for sale.